- We are the voice of South Africa’s law-abiding firearm owners.
- We are a non-party political, independent, non-profit association.
- We protect the right of responsible citizens to own and use firearms for sport, self-defence, recreation or other legitimate purposes.
- We believe that over-restrictive legislation and regulations are unfair to the responsible citizen.
- We negotiate with government and other bodies for practical and logical reforms.
- We actively promote the safe handling and safe storage of firearms and are unequivocally opposed to firearm misuse.
- We do not interfere with the activities of other firearm related associations, but actively seek their support and assistance for the benefit of all firearm owners.
- We work to improve the negative image of firearms by taking positive action.
- We have credibility and international acceptance as representative of South African firearm owners with other large international associations such as:
The National Rifle Association of America
The National Firearms Association of Canada
The Sport Shooting Association of Australia
The Sporting Shooters Association of New Zealand
- We are an active member of The World Forum on Shooting Activities.